Field Property Claims Adjuster
Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a difference in people's lives? Do you want a career with endless opportunities for growth?
As a member of the Field Property Claims Team, you will play a vital role in providing an outstanding customer experience by using your investigative and negotiation skills to resolve a variety of homeowner claims in a fast paced, detail-oriented, team environment. In this role, you will travel to the loss site to conduct thorough analysis. Every day is a new exciting challenge, as our Field Property Claims Adjusters use cutting edge homeowner's products and services to help our customers through the claims process.
Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory.
The field property claims adjuster will be traveling to insured homes within the Buford, WY area. In order to be successful within the role, candidates should live within this area or very close to.
In this role, you will:
- Investigate and determine coverage onsite of loss and adjusts all elements of Property Loss claims of moderate-high severity.
- Handle moderate- severe complexity claims assigned under little supervision.
- Investigate and evaluate onsite to resolve complex coverage and damage issues to include preparing complete estimates of repair for the covered damages.
- Explain coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Identify suspicious losses. Recommend referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Working knowledge of claims handling procedures and operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction principles.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at least 1 year of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.