Senior Actuarial Analyst, US Personal Lines, Remote
The Auto Analytics team within GRM Product Economics conducts critical analysis and provide recommendations to drive profitable growth in the $12B US PL Auto line of business. The key responsibilities for this role will be to produce accurate PL auto profit guidance and quantitative forecasting of prospective profitability, clearly communicate internal and external trends that impact bottom-line results and recommend strategic approaches to achieve profitable growth. This role will require a strong depth of knowledge in the Auto product and industry, close collaboration with analytical teams throughout the organization, and the ability to clearly set and communicate our go-forward LOB strategy. This role will be part of a team of 5 analysts and report to the Auto Analytics manager.
This team is involved in a wide variety of PL auto projects that require both strong technical and soft skills. Some project examples may include developing predictive models for forecasting loss trends and profit results, building innovative solutions to understand customer mix implications driven by pricing and marketing strategies, tracking macroeconomic supply and demand data to ultimately opine on how complex global trends may impact the insurance industry, and proactively identifying and quantifying new tactical solutions to achieve profitable growth for PL auto.
- Deliver US PL auto internal indications/profit guidance, which bring together the impacts of profitability results, trends, rate strategy and other product actions into a holistic perspective on PL auto profit health.
- Build and leverage a deep understanding of the PL Auto line of business and components of profitable growth. Identify threats and opportunities, generate insights into relevant metrics, and develop and deliver recommendations to achieve and maintain target returns.
- Advocate for the Auto Product throughout all levels of the organization and serve as a subject matter expert of the line. Partner with relevant teams to discuss key questions and exchange information to best achieve your objectives.
- Determine a range of reasonable outcomes given assumption uncertainty and support our pricing selections to Product leadership and stakeholders.
- Challenge existing methodologies and develop new approaches to test and enhance the accuracy of our projections.
- Design improved tools and processes to facilitate increased efficiency.
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Commitment to achieving Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience required
- Prior experience and solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Solid oral and written and presentation communication skills and ability to interact effectively within and outside the organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with minimal direction.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, SAS, etc.); Ability to build models of moderate complexity.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.