Field Property Claims Adjuster, Catastrophe
Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a difference in people's lives? Do you want a career that includes travel and endless opportunities for growth?
Join Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 Company, and hone your skills alongside a diverse, collaborative team dedicated to helping others and providing best-in-class customer service!
A career with Liberty Mutual provides a home for your talent, and an open road for your ambition. We will provide you with a wide variety of work to enhance your skills and advance your career. We will stand together to preserve and protect what people earn, build, own and cherish. As a member of the Field Property Claims Catastrophe Team, you will play a vital role in providing an outstanding customer experience by using your investigative and negotiation skills to resolve a variety of homeowner claims in a fast paced, detail-oriented, team environment. Every day is a new exciting challenge, as our Field Catastrophe Claims Adjusters use industry leading homeowner's products and services to help our customers through the claims process.
This position requires the Field Property Claims Adjuster, Catastrophe to travel nationwide 75% of the time.
This position has the potential to offer a sign on bonus up to $5k.
- Investigates, determines coverage of loss and adjusts all elements of assigned Property Loss claims.
- Conducts inspections of loss sites, writes appraisals for dwelling repairs and issues payment to policyholders where possible. May work with a Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process.
- Explains coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Identifies suspicious losses. Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- Field Property Claims Adjuster, Catastrophe will work remotely and travel nationwide 75%
- Ability to travel nationwide 75% of the time.
- Requires working knowledge of claims handling procedures and operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction principles.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.