Sr Solutions Architect
Responsible for providing technical leadership across Liberty's Global Compliance & Ethics initiatives including Data Privacy, Producer Licensing, Certifications, and Financial Crimes. Works closely with Engineers and teams on engineering choices and how they align to enterprise well-architected framework. Contributes to and maintains the enterprise methodologies and techniques, including standards and guidelines for enterprise wide use in technical management and systems of process development. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Provides technical oversight and architecture/engineering solutions to large, strategic, complex system and application development projects, usually at the domain or product level. Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Recognized as a thought leader within discipline who influences decisions made by senior leadership and advances the craft of architecture within our organization.
- Establishes and leads the technology strategy and technology roadmaps that enable the business, usually for a specific business capability domain.
- Provides consultation and collaborates with technology leaders, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range product features. Provides oversight at the business capability domain level influencing decision-making and prioritizing the business and architecture backlog for the aligned development squads.
- Educates and drives adoption of the well-architected framework in order to promote Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance Efficiency, Cost Optimization into cultural norms.
- Designs and develops architecture (integrated process, methodology, framework, software/applications, data, information, and technology) scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
- Influences and partners with the Product Owners, sponsors, and engineering teams across the organization to align the technical design and strategy with the product roadmap.
- Connects Solution Engineering with Technology and Portfolio Architecture work to ensure sound roadmaps which deliver business value.
- Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies. Reviews and ensures major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost-effective solutions. Participates with application and infrastructure design architects to provide guidance for development and releases.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and technology teams.
- Remains hands-on with architecture and engineering activities and is deeply embedded in the role of technology. Acknowledged as expert in field by colleagues and customers.
- Mentors staff to develop technical architecture capabilities. Shares expertise ensuring that teams are continuously improving and learning together to meet current and future engineering and architecture needs.
- Advanced knowledge of agile development methodologies as typically acquired through a Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security-minded
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills, and the adaptability to respond to change quickly
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.