Senior or Principal Software Engineer
Do you have the skills and drive to join a talented tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
As a Principal or Senior Software Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll consult on highly complex projects and solve technical problems, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up with the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
About the Opportunity
Here in the GRS Billing Solutions team, we are fundamentally transforming and modernizing our most complex commercial billing processes that are at the core of how we conduct business and delight our customers, agents, and brokers. For us, billing is not a back office' chore. It is an opportunity to innovate and create new ways to make Liberty Mutual easier to do business with across the entire insurance value stream. Our empowered engineers are using the latest technologies and architecture approaches to envision and deliver industry-leading solutions, and we need a technical leader to join our dynamic team!
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Technical problem solver: While partnering with business, you'll develop error-free source code, test scripts, components, and system architectures, as well as document in a DevOps environment.
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting customers' needs first, you'll translate requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new business features.
- Motivated mentor: Coach and collaborate with junior software engineers.
- Forward thinker: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of engineering excellence, and continuous improvement by finding solutions that exceed customer expectations, increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability
Note: This is a range posting and open to considering candidates at the Principal or Senior Engineer level.
- 4+ years of related software engineering experience working in an agile environment
- A history of practicing DevOps, CI/CD and building cloud-based applications
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.