Paralegal Hearing Rep
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our legal team and provide support to attorneys on workers' compensation matters.
The job duties include representation of the insurer in workers' compensation conciliations before the Workers' Compensation Board. Job duties also include pre and post hearing responsibilities with reporting to attorneys and the claims professionals. The successful candidate must have the ability to master legal processes and interact with clients, counsel and claims professionals within the Liberty Mutual Group of insurance companies.
Make appearances at Workers Compensation Boards along with providing support for Attorneys on all insurance defense matters.
Help attorneys prepare for worker's compensation conferences, hearings, and complete other legal work/tasks under the direction of an attorney.
Review workers' compensation board records, claim system records and legal files to prepare for conciliation hearings.
Contact witnesses and obtain evidence for conciliations.
Posts in claims systems and/or legal systems regarding work completed on a file.
Prepare standard workers' compensation submissions including conciliation packages and settlement agreements.
Communicate with clients and claims professionals.
Remote coverage of the Fall River, Worcester and Springfield Department of Industrial Accident locations via the DIA's WebEx platform - this role may require an automobile to travel to those locations if the DIAs begin holding conciliations in-person again. Flexibility allowed with respect to working remotely from home on days when travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Paralegal certificate strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years' experience as a Paralegal including experience appearing at Workers Compensation Boards strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required to communicate effectively with attorneys, clients and policyholders.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills needed in order to mediate settlements and present oral arguments.
- A strong knowledge of legal liability, Workers Compensation terminology and the Massachusetts Workers Compensation statute, regulations and guidelines required.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment.
- Must display effective use of Microsoft Word, Excel and corporate databases.
- Must have solid home internet connection and quiet, private space from which to work. This position does not report to a physical office.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.