System Development Review Audit Engagement Lead
This position plays a significant role in assisting Senior Executives with risk management, achievement of strategic objectives and fulfilling the Company's promise to its policyholders. As a trusted advisor, the System Development Audit Engagement Lead builds and cultivates effective business relationships while providing independent value-added audit and advisory services.
The Global Internal Audit System Development Review (SDR) squad is responsible for reviewing system implementation and change initiatives across the organization. The SDR Audit Engagement Lead proficiently leads project teams that partner with the agile squads as they are doing their work, before deployments. This hybrid IT and Operational audit role leads teams that participate in pivotal agile events (e.g., Sprint Planning, User Story Refinement, Demos, Quarterly Program Increment Planning) during each review. While adapting to each flavor of agile (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban), the SDR Audit Engagement Lead is tasked with leading teams that build relationships with Product Owners and Scrum Masters. Our goal is to provide value-add service by helping improve quality, address technology and business process related risks, and enhance the overall control structure of each initiative reviewed.
Individuals in the SDR Audit Engagement Lead role demonstrate the ability to independently plan and lead the most complex system development engagements and independently apply the department's audit methodology. They lead teams through all phases of assigned System Development Reviews from planning to reporting.
- Leads teams that perform thorough risk analysis, control identification and SDR review program development. Independently concludes on the effectiveness of controls and control gaps based on the results of testing. Demonstrates the ability to multi-task, by leading multiple SDR engagements concurrently
- Plans and leads assigned SDR staff through risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development. Independently concludes on the effectiveness of controls through the review of work completed by others. Has a proficient understanding of project management skills ensuring assigned audits meet department expectations.
- Maintains a proficient technical knowledge of evolving agile methodologies and processes. Interprets the associated risks, develops testing approach, and proposes solutions. Independently plans future engagements, including communicating effectively with Liberty Management. Proficiently leads staff through risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development. Leads scrutiny of areas under review and identifies/proposes engagement scope adjustments as needed.
- Maintains technical expertise and demonstrates a strong understanding of the department's audit methodology, insurance industry concepts, Cyber Security, and Agile Development Practices.
- Demonstrates proficient coaching skills. Provides ongoing training, development and motivation. Reviews the teams completed work and conducts check-ins and annual performance reviews. Participates in the hiring, salary, and staff assessment processes.
- Leads continuous improvement (CI) efforts. Leads complex root cause problem solving efforts and participates on department-wide CI efforts.
- Effectively communicates SDR engagement recommendations in both technical and non-technical terms to Operational and IT management. Makes sound recommendations for engagement finding rankings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Through understanding of changes in Agile development practices and regulatory requirements to understand their impact to Auditing and Liberty. (e.g. Scrum, SaFE, Kanban, GDPR, NY DFS, CCPA) Proposes audit approach updates based on these changes.
- Takes a leading role in facilitating the training and development of less experienced team members. May design and teach formal trainings on audit methodology, SBU products and systems.
- Expert Agile Development and/or IT Audit knowledge required as typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a comparative field and 6 or more years of Agile development, IT Audit, or related work experience in information technology with a focus on security, risk management, or controls.
- CISA Certification is preferred.
- CISSP, PMI-ACP, or other agile / IT security certifications are a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.