Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact?
Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
About Lighthouse, An Alera Group Company
Established in 1995, Lighthouse is a full-service insurance firm serving communities throughout Michigan. We are proud, trusted insurance experts empowering our clients to live confidently knowing the Lighthouse Team is behind them. As an Alera Group company, our teams have access to a national pool of industry-leading resources while maintaining our unique local capabilities, relationships, and commitment to the communities we serve. We provide the best of both worlds: national scope and local service.
Why Work Here?
We maintain a unique model of collaboration at a local and national level enabling employees to learn, grow, and make a positive impact. We focus on listening generously, speaking straight, and building each other up through mutual accountability and shared success.
This position is responsible for providing day-to-day support to the Client Services Team including Account Managers, Sr Account Managers and Team Leads to ensure the delivery of an excellent client experience. A successful Account Coordinator will have the service skills needed to meet internal and external customer needs, aiding in the gain and retention of the Lighthouse Group client base. The ability to organize and prioritize work during high volume periods to meet deadlines and expectations is a critical component of this role. This position requires interaction with Lighthouse Group leadership, colleagues, clients, and carrier representatives.Responsibilities
• Adhere to agency best practices relative to workflow management and data integrity
• Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the Client Services and Business Services Teams
• Support the Client Services Team with the renewal and proposal processes
• Prepare documents for client meetings including, but not limited to service meeting agendas, pre-renewal and renewal meeting templates, along with any supporting materials for the meetings, and open enrollment materials
• Assist Client Services Team with client management and stewardship tasks including, but not limited to claims management/resolution, marketing efforts, project support, and Navigator updates/upkeep
• Research policy language and compare coverage options to support the Client Services Team's decision-making process and subsequent communications to clients
• Support Client Services Team with day-to-day service requests (time sensitive requests)
• Research member management and/or carrier discrepancies
• Complete new carrier paperwork, for clients who move carriers at renewal, ensuring all forms are completed with consistency and accuracy
• Master internal client management systems, including Employee Navigator, BenefitPoint and Zywave
• Assist in maintenance of stewardship tracking for Client Services Team
• Participate in external client meetings as necessary to build client rapport and offer customer service support
• Create and maintain a positive work environment – build trust, have open communication, offer creative thinking & cohesive teamwork
• Support Lighthouse Group culture through leading by example
• Perform other duties and projects as required
Equal Opportunity Employment
• Minimum of 2 years of customer service or professional work experience
• Hold Life, Health and Accident License or obtain one within 3 months of employment
• Possess ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance quotes
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Be a self-starter and be self-motivated with a high level of attention to detail
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Bachelor's degree preferred
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.