Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud Enablement
About Liberty Mutual:
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a team of Network, Infrastructure and Software Engineers that support the network and communications within our Global Network Communications team. Join us as we continue our transformation to DevOps and public cloud enablement.
In this role, you will use your DevOps skills including Infrastructure as Code to build a comprehensive environment for our public cloud deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting. You will analyze current processes, make recommendations, and use your coding skills to develop applications that will automate manual processes. You will have an opportunity to work on squads of up to 9 people in an Agile environment.
- Provides Infrastructure solutions, operational support and problem resolution for large systems.
- Develops effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Interacts with Software Product and Infrastructure teams to gather and define user stories
- Performs Quality Assurance coding and design review defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate Product Owners and application Software Developers.
- Monitors system performance and capacity reports changes in usage
- Depicts highly complex ideas, issues, and designs to varied audiences.
- Participates in site set-up, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of hardware/software logs and operating procedures.
- Develops test scripts.
- Analyzes user stories for validity and feasibility Plans work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- May participate in Agile Ceremonies (demos, retros)
- Mentor new developers and junior developers. Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Experience with Development and Automation tools including Python and PowerShell
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, or ARM Templates and pipelines
- Common Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in developing and using Source Code Version Control Systems like Git, including branching, merging, and managing code releases/versions.
- Developing end to end applications in a fully scaled Agile environment
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools and practices in a public cloud environment
- Demonstrated experience working with Observability and Logging tools
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies
- Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, infrastructure, cloud-based platforms, and development tools
- Thorough knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.