Sr Infrastructure Engineer - Containerized Applications
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a team of Infrastructure Engineers that support containerized applications running on Kubernetes clusters in the cloud and on-premises. Our team is at the forefront of Liberty's drive to bring workloads to the cloud.
In this role, you will use your DevOps skills including Infrastructure as Code to help build and maintain a comprehensive environment for our application teams to deploy their applications, along with monitoring and troubleshooting. You will analyze current processes, make recommendations, and use your coding/scripting skills to automate manual processes.
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Grade 17, Sr Infrastructure Engineer. However, candidates will be considered for Grade 14 and Grade 15 roles in the Infrastructure Engineer job family. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
- Develops maintainable/scalable, effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Develops code to perform hardware and software installation and upgrades.
- Monitors system performance and capacity reports changes in usage.
- Develops complex test scripts.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- Works within project team for iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies
- Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, infrastructure, cloud-based platforms, and development tools
- Thorough knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Ability to participate in 24x7 on call rotation
- Kubernetes and/or Docker Containers
- Python or GoLang languages
- Agile development practices
- Code repositories such as GitHub
- Code build and deploy platforms such as Bamboo/Jenkins
- GKE, EKS
- GitOps, and deploying changes through code
- Working with or developing API's
- Experience supporting systems with 7x24 availability and globally based.
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP
- Contribution to Open Source Projects is a Plus
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.