With ride-hailing, vehicle-sharing, car subscriptions, on-demand delivery, micro mobility and autonomous vehicles, transportation options have never been so plentiful or presented so many emerging risks.
Drawing on Liberty's vast commercial and personal lines expertise, our Mobility & Sharing Economy Practice represents a new underwriting model that brings a full range of tailored solutions and nuanced pricing approaches to the marketplace. This dedicated practice combines creative commercial underwriting with product, actuarial, legal, and claims teams to deliver a robust insurance experience. Join our expanding underwriting team to foster change and innovation to the traditional insurance landscape. Partner with brokers and mobility / sharing economy businesses to develop risk management solutions to address today's unique exposures and prepare for the future.
Our team is preparing for disruption and helping to strategically position Liberty at the forefront of the new mobility world. Since its inception in 2019, the team has exceeded new business goals and written some of the largest accounts in the company. Liberty Mutual's Mobility & Sharing Economy team was named Insurance Underwriting Team of the Year in 2020 by Business Insurance in recognition of its innovation and creativity in this space.
Underwriting Support in sharing economy risks requires curiosity and innovation to understand how businesses look today and what they will become tomorrow as the market develops. If you have strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills and are seeking to explore an emerging underwriting space, this dynamic and collaborative environment is the place to thrive.
- Gathers, organizes and enters information into pricing models; and performs the initial analysis of exposure, loss and coverage for the underwriter.
- Supports the underwriter and agent/broker with highly responsive service by managing the workflow from clearance through policy issuance and file documentation.
- Coordinates service requests in a timely manner.
- Deconstructs submissions by identifying, gathering and entering information into systems, pricing tools and models, flagging referral triggers, and initiating/managing requests to internal service providers (e.g., rating).
- Gathers, analyzes, and ensures the accuracy of pricing and proposal information (rating and pricing tool output, proposal language, coverage forms and endorsements, financial and legal agreements, and offer/ disclosure /election forms) used by the underwriter to complete the coverage review, hazard analysis, pricing strategy and proposal.
- Provides customer service to brokers and agents to facilitate the processing of business; answers questions, resolves problems on topics such as policy transactions, billing, and service needs.
- Executes post-sale account management workflow, including initiation of billing, policy issuance, acquisition of account agreements and file documentation.
- Initiates pre-renewal communications via conditional/non-renewal notice draft when necessary.
- Supports the underwriter with mid-term account reviews / stewardship, ongoing service, service planning and endorsements.
- Capabilities include critical thinking/problem solving, decision making, customer focus, detail orientation, written/verbal communications, organization, adaptability, courtesy, dependability, and ability to learn/apply new information quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge, skills, and capabilities typically acquired through 2 or more years of related work experience.
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.