Claims Specialist I-APD
The Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to moderately complex claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with claimants, policyholders, appraisers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claim's management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers.
Liberty Mutual has an immediate opening for a Commercial Claims Specialist for our Auto Property Damage Unit. The Commercial Claims Specialist analyzes Auto Physical Damage (APD) claims for Commercial Insurance that includes contacting customers, claimants and witnesses to investigate and resolve coverage questions; evaluating damages in light of the facts; and negotiating and settling claims with first and third party claimants in accordance with policy provisions, applicable law and customer service standards. The Commercial Claims Specialist will handle more complex APD claims, including those involving arbitration, Garage Keepers, Diminished Value, and General Liability. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor less experienced employees and acts as team lead in the absence of the manager.
- Interacts with customers/claimants to obtain facts, explain the coverage and claims process, set expectations and provide high quality service to achieve a positive customer experience.
- Perform coverage analysis to review policy and endorsement language, considering definitions, exclusions, general conditions, jurisdictional rules/requirements, insurance, and policy period.
- Plan and conduct investigation to determine liability and damages; use the claim facts to identify when a recorded interview should be obtained, such as when liability or damages are undetermined, subrogation potential exists, or in case of possible fraud or misrepresentation.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Makes effective use of loss management techniques (e.g. Immediate Contact Plan, L9 check, Disability Management, open end release, first call settlements).
- Establish and maintain reserves based on the most probable outcome (i.e., the estimate of the ultimate financial cost to resolve a claim whether through settlement or other adjudication).
- Use judgment and expertise to evaluate claim for potential fraud and subrogation; makes referrals to the Special Investigations Unit or Loss Recovery as appropriate.
- Use claims system to properly document files (including initial resolution strategy, evaluation, negotiations, etc.), manage a diary and issue payments.
- Performs quality assurance audits APD claims files to measure quality, provide feedback and develop employees.
- Knowledge of Auto Physical Damage claims coverage, clams handling procedures, and applicable laws
- Ability to negotiate, analyze/solve problems; plan/organize work; express facts clearly in writing and verbally; and communicate effectively
- Other capabilities include interpersonal skills, listening skills, tact, empathy, and drive for results
- Knowledge, skills, and capabilities normally acquired through a Bachelor`s degree (or equivalent), completion of the formal training program, and at least 2 years of experience
- Licensing may be required in some states.
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner, and ability to build effective relationships.
- Pursuing continuing education courses leading to industry certifications (eg: CPCU, AIC and others).
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.