Principal Full Stack Engineer
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a Software Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
About the job:
The successful candidate will be join a very talented team of engineers working across the portfolio to build the next generation of products and solutions. We are seeking an experienced, motivated Principal Full Stack Engineer to be a key part in the development of enterprise class web applications, APIs and microservices. You will be engaged in challenging, innovative projects that impact thousands of customers.
Additionally, you will be working with individuals who bring varying levels of experience in a collaborative, Agile environment, contributing to engineering and implementing new features, modernizing systems, cleaning up tech debt, and using test-and-learn approaches. The industry changes quickly, so we are looking for candidates who can respond to change, pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to changing requirements. We also want candidates who take pride in their work and have strong design and development expertise, as well as mentor junior engineers on new technology and patterns. We value quality code delivery and expect candidates to demonstrate competence at writing, testing, and debugging complex code.
About the job:
- This position will be aligned to at least one application agile team and serve as a Senior Technical Individual Contributor for the team(s).
- You will collaborate closely with a team of Architects, Technologists, Product Owners and Engineers to deliver complex software solutions
- Drive full cycle end to end development from design through implementation.
- The role requires hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers of our technical stack.
- In an Agile environment, work with Product Owners, and other Software Engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline; preferably computer science or software development.
- Minimum 8+ years of Full Stack development experience.
- Extensive Database experience using SQL and noSQL database engines like MYSQL, Mongo DB.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Engineers, & Designers).
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks (e.g., Junit, Mockito).
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services especially RDS/DB design/management is a strong plus.
- Experience integrating with and managing microservices exposed via REST APIs including development and support of Java services a strong plus Apigee API Management system experience is a big plus.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures, and technical standards.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.