Senior Software Engineer
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team thats working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
Our team works in close partnership with Solaria Labs, Liberty Mutuals innovation lab, where we deliver innovative solutions to leading problems in the insurance industry.
As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, youll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
- Collaborative partner: Working with our team of scrum masters, product owners and fellow engineers, youll tackle technical challenges and ensure quality as we move from legacy technologies to next-generation applications
- Comprehensive problem-solver: As you manage the end-to-end development of software products, youll analyze issues at the system level and handle any complications that arise by implementing effective solutions
- Skilled technical engineer: Youll document and lead the implementation of technical features, improvements and innovations
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isnt enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, youll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
- A minimum of five years of software engineering experience
- A background in business operations and strategies, with a focus on business IT
- A history of translating client requirements into technical designs
- Agile engineering capabilities and a design-thinking mindset
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a globally distributed development team
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A thorough grasp of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs
- Proficiency in software engineering languages and tools, including Java and RESTful services, spanning horizontal and vertical packages
- An understanding of how modifications affect different parts of a system and an ability to explain your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.