Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
The Solution Architect (SA) II is a technology expert who develops modern architectures for business solutions by applying their vast experience of application, RESTful service, integration, cloud, and data solution development. This role will use established and well-known design patterns and document and diagram architectures using Archimate, TOGAF, or C4 diagrams. Creates other architectural artifacts such as roadmaps and reference architectures and ensures solutions are aligned with the enterprise architecture.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE WORKING AT SAN DIEGO, CA OFFICE 3 DAYS IN A WEEK AND 2 DAYS WORK FROM HOME.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Creates solution architectures that produce scalable and composable enterprise applications.
- Responsible for the technical approach and high-level and detailed design of architectures in accordance with architectural standards, architectural principles and well-known architecture patterns and methodologies.
- Creates solution architectures for B2B integrations, web and cloud solutions.
- Creates secure, high-performing, and composable solution architectures consisting of UIs, RESTful APIs, middleware and the databases needed to support the future state architecture vision.
- Documents solution architectures using established templates and artifacts.
- Presents architecturally significant solutions to the Architecture Review Board.
- Works comfortably in SDLC selected by project (waterfall, agile or combination of both).
Represents enterprise architecture by learning, advocating, and sharing knowledge.
- Communicates technically and conceptually to provide architecture guidance to management, business, and technical team members throughout the course of projects.
- Integrates with project teams within your area of responsibility and be their “go to” expert, technologist, and architecture mentor.
- Reviews vendor technology, perform assessments and make recommendations.
- Develops a working knowledge of ICW's organization, business process, applications, and operations.
- Learns and can articulate existing project architectures at an appropriate level of detail.
- Performs and documents architecture reviews.
Follows architecture standards and recommends new standards within area(s) of responsibility.
- Defines and develops roadmaps and technology lifecycles, transformational initiatives, integration plans, and solution designs across a wide and diverse portfolio of solutions.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining the Enterprise Architecture practice and model in the EA repository.
- Documents architecture decisions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 8 years of IT experience with increasing responsibility required.
- Minimum 4 years of development experience (.net, SQL, web, web services, AWS, integration, etc.).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in software architecture and solution design. AWS cloud architecture or development experience desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
TOGAF, IASA AWS Solution Architect or any other architecture-related certification is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge of designing and developing RESTful APIs. Advanced knowledge of integration patterns and design patterns.
- Strong interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand the strategic ("big picture") and tactical perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to define multiple solution options to solve business problems.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse business systems, technologies, and processing environments.
- P&C insurance industry experience or financial services experience preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and work solo or with other architects or project teams members.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- A flexible work schedule, hybrid opportunities
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.