Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible to direct a team of IT professionals in the planning, design, development and operation of data networks, communication services, and systems required to deliver necessary features, performance, and availability to support business activities. This position will design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure network and systems meet future requirements. This role exists to collaborate closely with IT applications program teams and business partners to align team goals with overall company strategy and goals.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE WORKING AT SAN DIEGO, CA OFFICE 3 DAYS IN A WEEK AND 2 DAYS WORK FROM HOME.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Manages information technology and computer systems resources and maintains the organization's effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluates overall IT infrastructure capacity and system operations to ensure optimum system performance for both on-prem and cloud-hosted platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Leads the execution of IT deployment plan to ensure deployment efforts are aligned with the agreed upon solution.
- Oversees resourcing senior/3rd level support during major incidents.
- Participates with Manager Operations and Client Services Manager for rotating major incident oversight.
- Identifies areas for improvement, develops improvement program and monitors the implementation to increase process efficiency.
- Recommends information technology policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
Develops and leads a team of Information Technology professionals.
- Provides daily direction to IT team. Communicates Mission, Values, and other organization operating principles to direct and indirect reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with IT Leadership, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire assigned IT team is engaged and that leadership practices for the department encourage development, recognition, and retention.
- Establishes and holds team accountable to and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding, and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the assigned IT team members and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for assigned IT team members to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages assigned IT budget, technology and other resources, workload, and customer requests for IT services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Directly supervises employees within the IT team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in managing and leading IT Infrastructure, Administration, Operations and/or IT Support teams required.
- Minimum 10 years of general IT-related job experience required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Strong understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Strong infrastructure / cloud management experience and skills, including experience defining metrics, measuring operational process and continually improving the capabilities of infrastructure.
- Experience managing systems and networking infrastructure.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management and optimization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud technologies and DevOps processes required.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and consensus-building, conflict-prevention, and resolution skill set.
- Must be extremely well organized, flexible, and responsive with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- A flexible work schedule, hybrid opportunities
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.