As a member of our underwriting support team you will provide a high level of support to the underwriting function. In this role you will assist in the preparation of new business quotes and policy issues as well as rating both new business and renew applications while maintaining accuracy and targeted due dates.
- Correspond with various parties including rating bureaus clients and underwriting staff to support our underwriting efforts
- Ensures quality and timeliness of policies and correspondence and responds to customers inquiries
- Perform exposure comparisons and loss trending/developing review applications assure issuance of policies
- Quote/issue workers compensation line of coverage and process endorsements
- New business quote support tasks include classification of exposures completion of loss trend and analysis of large claim and prior audit information for renewal business requesting additional information as needed
- Review applications and ensure quality of policies and correspondence and respond to customers inquiries
- Prepare new business quotes and proposals for assigned underwriters review
- Properly respond to correspondence from clients and rating bureaus review and take appropriate action within designated timeframes
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Three years commercial insurance underwriting assistant experience working with small and mid-size accounts
- Previous Workers Compensation rating experience
- Knowledge of commercial coverages endorsements rules and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal decision making and analytical skills required
- Ability to work in a team environment