Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$74,200.00 - $122,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Consultant, Strategic Initiatives of Enterprise Architecture & Emerging Techs primary responsibility is to provide consulting and analytic support to the business leaders in the development and execution of projects and initiatives to enable achievement of the business plan.
The Strategic Initiatives Office of Enterprise Architecture is responsible for driving key strategies, to achieve our ambitious Technology and Operations Goals. This role will be responsible for providing support for the Strategic Initiatives Office
What Will You Do?
- Provide focused support within the business unit related to projects and initiatives
- Provide support to senior team members for execution of strategic priorities including various planning and prioritization initiatives.
- Support effective execution of ongoing portfolio management and strategy development
- Support operational excellence by ensuring operational support through refinement and documentation and operating model to ensure alignment of organization to overall goals and vision.
- Data capture, creation, tracking, analysis, and organization in support of departmental reporting requirements including consumable reporting packages ensuring stakeholders are informed and support leadership in making key decisions.
- Recognize & identify opportunities for efficiencies and continuous improvement and make recommendations for stream lining to leadership.
- Provide Local Security Officer (LSO) responsibilities that include:
* Procurer of hardware/software and systems access for new and transferring employees while also problem-solving access issues
- Responsible for Month end financial reporting and administration
- Managing of our departmental Sourcing work orders and being the divisional liaison
- Assist in strategic planning for Enterprise Architecture
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Knowledge of property casualty insurance
- Strong understanding of insurance industry and market dynamics.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written and platform skills.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project management skills.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 3 years business experience
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.