Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$68,000.00 - $112,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Provides leadership, support, guidance and expertise to facilitate the efficient and effective development, installation and implementation of product developed within the line teams. Prioritizes product installation work to ensure business priorities are delivered timely. Provides input on RQI release content. Develops, in partnership with the Product Director, business requirements for coverages, forms, rules and related non-policy forms in support of RQI installation. Assembles transmittals and supporting documentation for product filings. Approves, and manages publication of, product changes in Usage Documents, eLibrary and other Product and UW tools. Reviews, completes, or assigns to SME, OneSumX and Circular compliance related items. Quality checks or audits system changes to ensure product compliance.
What Will You Do?
- With limited direction from others, maintains, and/or revises policy forms and/or non- policy forms, coverages, manual rules and UW Guidelines.
- Proofreads policy form images for accuracy of installed image.
- Creates filing documentation and assists with responses to Departments of Insurance.
- Develops business requirements for form RQI installation.
- Serves as a resource for Product Management, Sales, Business Centers, and Underwriting staff for assistance regarding policy form coverage and/or non-policy form information.
- Performs accountabilities with basic understanding of the quote, issuance, and publishing systems to facilitate the development of policy and/or non-policy forms.
- Provides input in the development of business case recommendation (Pro Forma Review, Business rationale, for development/decision process).
- Assists in the development of metrics to track/monitor to ensure success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Demonstrates intermediate coverage/form capability in one or more areas of expertise.
- Working knowledge of supporting platforms.
- Leading the Business:
- Intermediate leadership, innovation and initiating skills.
- Results driven.
- Customer-focused orientation (agent and consumer).
- Demonstrates basic understanding of Business Insurance.
- Leading Self:
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills.
- Basic organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced ability to comprehend and communicate intent of product strategies, underwriting strategies, and inter-relationships with coverage.
- Advanced critical thinking and analysis skills to understand underwriting results, and competitor actions in order to recommend industry or state specific actions.
- Advanced ability to assess underwriting and financial results.
- Actively invests in improving own capabilities.
- Preferred: matriculation in CPCU, SCLA, IIA, or other recognized insurance designations (examples: ARM, CIC)
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 3 years of property casualty insurance experience with working knowledge and experience of policy and/or non-policy forms.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.