Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$39,800.00 - $65,600.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under moderate supervision, this position handles auto salvage files and coordinates sale of salvage asset by adhering to state titling laws/ regulations. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
What Will You Do?
- Process necessary paperwork and title work to forward to appropriate salvage vendor.
- Review and determine the most viable disposal method while considering state titling laws/regulations. Set diaries for follow up to ensure prompt sale of asset.
- Review vendor invoices for appropriate expense management. Follow up with repair shop and/or salvage/storage vendors if errors are noted in bills. Challenge and negotiate to assure fair and reasonable expense management.
- Process credits/pay debits to claim file. Conduct periodic reconciliation review of credits/debits.
- Verify proper execution of inbound field titling documents; notify others for claim payment when appropriate. Help to resolve incorrectly executed titling documents when required. Contact appropriate parties as needed to obtain missing or incorrectly executed transferrable ownership documents, including keys, to resolve the salvage.
- Set minimum bids using salvage vendor pricing system. Input correct data for accurate pricing results. Provide counter bids when applicable. Re run vehicles based on office guidelines.
- Review auto sale lists-ensure accurate sale data, e.g., loss type, area of damage, vehicle year, make and model, and percent of damages. Review photos for appropriate picture quality, OEM or aftermarket parts, missing equipment, and damages not consistent with accident facts or auto appraisal, and odometer if applicable.
- Conduct random sale price audits attending internet auto auctions to compare sale price with gross proceeds.
- Complete and document quarterly review of reconciliation report.
- Update salvage capture screens throughout the process and document claim file with activities not listed in the salvage capture screens. Ensure current and accurate data integrity.
- Finalize left with owner vehicles and LWO title issues according to local office workflow.
- Determine proper location for return of closed file, e.g., subrogation, AD handler, closed file storage or appraiser.
- Complete First Notice of Loss as needed; resolve or transfer claim.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree with 2 years of work and/or customer service related experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy
- Intermediate knowledge of technology; including, Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
- Competency Levels:
- Analytical Thinking- Basic
- Judgment/Decision Making- Basic
- Communication- Basic
- Insurance Contract Knowledge- Introductory
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED with one year of work or customer service related experience OR Bachelor's Degree required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.