Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$88,200.00 - $145,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position is responsible for supporting the strategy and operations of a line of business program and may lead or support a line of business project or function. Develops, designs and documents multiple solutions and assists with implementing initiatives to improve countrywide results. Evaluates operating environment, vendors, workflow processes, and support services for assigned line of business or product. Documents multiple solutions to recommend and assist with implementation of changes for improvement. Works within broad limits and authority on complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and / or depth in area of expertise.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Connection and lead between three federated Agile teams
- Business readiness strategy planning and implementation in support of the three federated Agile teams.
- Strategize and participate in up-front PI planning with CBIA in order to obtain additional resources to assign to the three federated Agile teams.
- Claim Strategy:
- Assists in the development, design and implementation of strategies to address and improve claim results.
- Collaborates across Claim to develop new resources and products to increase profitable growth, productivity, reduce expenses and improve claim results and customer service through workflow enhancements and process efficiencies.
- Identifies and escalates improvement opportunities, and understands and assesses barriers identified in need of resolution.
- Responsible for vendor management in support of workflow and process improvement initiatives.
- Practice and encourage Agile mindset and behaviors, coach, inspire and mentor teams on Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling Travelers leadership behaviors.
- Independently lead the application of Project Management practices and methods for multiple teams (e.g., actions often visualizing work, limiting work in progress, managing work flow, planning and guidance for daily stand ups, sprint planning, short/mid/long range planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective meetings).
- Claim Practices & Field Support:
- Partners with the Field and Claim resources to identify and escalate process and practice improvement needs.
- Proactively stays abreast of industry, developments, changing trends and jurisdictional issues.
- Assists in industry analysis and benchmarking studies.
- Attends various seminars and conferences as appropriate.
- Partners with Claim University on the development and design of technical claim and leadership training strategies, programs and curriculum.
- Partners with field management, Claim Finance and Claim Business Intelligence Analytics to assist in developing and executing a financial management and control strategy to limit financial risk associated with claim costs.
- Serves as a contact and technical resource to field and business compliance and regulatory issues, program and/or procedural issues.
- Provides field claim management guidance on legislative, regulatory, and market conduct issues.
- Shares responsibility with business partners to achieve and sustain quality results.
- Business Process, Workflow and Technology:
- Analyzes and assesses results to identify areas with improvement opportunities as well as review the feasibility of new workflows, vendor products and services.
- Makes recommendations to improve overall product effectiveness and future utilization.
- Creates, implements, and maintains claim handling guidelines, policies, procedures and processes.
- Assists in the development and implementation of claim policy language and endorsements.
- Investigates new technologies and the application of same for improving business process and increasing productivity.
- Provides technical knowledge and project coordination on large-scale claim workflows and systems projects.
- Business Partner Support:
- Builds and maintains strong partnerships with Underwriting, Product Management, Marketing, and Actuarial to drive business results.
- Assists in developing team goals and drives strategies to meet business objectives.
- May be required to participate in our Catastrophe Response Program which could include deployment away to assist customers in other states.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Thorough financial acumen and analysis skills preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and skills in identifying and analyzing alternative business strategies preferred.
- Advanced project management skills preferred.
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile product development preferred
- Strong knowledge of claim processes and systems preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Lead the Business:
- Translate vision into realistic business strategies
- Assist in leading change
- Promote enterprise culture; understand and work with other functions
- Lead Self:
- Exhibit courage, credibility and conviction
- Communicate effectively
- Influence others by appealing to reason and the interests of involved parties
- Apply critical thinking and judgment skills
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of three years claim, insurance or financial industry experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.