Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$88,900.00 - $146,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?Supports strategic product development objectives for Bond &Specialty Insurance (B&SI), including product-related development, maintenance, compliance, system implementation, and a wide range of coverage and form initiatives across Management Liability (e.g., Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, etc.), Professional Liability (e.g., Accountants, Lawyers, etc.) and Crime, Fidelity, or other first party expense coverage (e.g., Cyber, Kidnap Ransom, etc.) products.
What Will You Do?
- Lead and collaborate with Business Unit customers and other partnering groups (e.g., Claims, Legal, Regulatory, IT, etc.) to manage projects and initiatives to successful completion.
- Manage and promote product consistency and integrity, while meeting customer needs.
- Develop, maintain, consult, and train on insurance products.
- Convert strong writing skills into sound form drafting.
- Apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills that foster creative solutions for insurance coverage issues or improving departmental processes.
- Breakdown and articulate complex business and insurance coverage concepts.
- Identify and educate business customers on internal and external product and compliance trends, opportunities, and emerging issues.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, that translate into sound policy form drafting, business issue resolution, and product training.
- Keen attention to detail, with strong analytical, and critical thinking skills that serve in problem solving and providing innovative business solutions.
- Strong organization and time management skills that serve to establish sound project plans and help with executing product or project management tasks, along with the ability to readjust priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and project management skills that translate into team collaboration and consultative service for effective business results.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 years of insurance experience with working knowledge and experience in product, underwriting or coverage required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.