Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$75,400.00 - $124,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?At Travelers, we create trusted strategic products and services to unlock the power of our data. We enhance and measure our ability to access, govern, manage, connect and integrate internal and external data assets and ensure our employees understand the value of data and the impacts to our business. As a Sr Consultant, Data Management you will work on effective data governance practices to ensure that data is consistent, trustworthy, and doesn't get misused. You will measure accuracy, completeness, consistency, and reliability of data to embody and promote Traveler's data culture values. Consulting with business partners, you will drive the discussion to develop, implement, execute, and document data management, data governance, and metadata policies, standards, and best practices. Leveraging your understanding of the data ecosystem, business process and decision-making, and the data value chain, you will perform moderately complex root cause analysis to improve the quality of data.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Assist in the process of managing the availability, usability, integrity security and privacy of the data.
- Implement processes to assure data quality for business purposes
- Perform moderately complex data profiling and analysis and communicate results in support of data quality processes.
- Meet with business customers to develop and maintain business data quality requirements and specifications.
- Perform intermediate to advanced metadata documentation, data lineage, data transformation rules in support of key program deliverables.
- Work with business customers to ensure appropriate naming definitions and standards are being followed.
- Participate in the creation of data models (e.g., entity design and population).
- Perform testing and validation of requirements and/or data management capabilities.
- Demonstrate and apply detailed understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules.
- Create detailed test strategies and test plans.
- Perform moderately complex root cause analysis and resolution of business data issues.
- Gather information across the enterprise and use tools, processes, and workflows to capture knowledge and maintain its relevance.
- Assist with the designing the creation, maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience with ETL / Data Integration tools, one or more Data platforms, and Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology.
- Experience with one or more of the following Tools and languages - SQL, Teradata, Python, Hive, MicroStrategy, Ab Initio, Messaging, NoSQL.
- Ability to understand metadata management, including metadata management, lineage, and cataloging.
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas and adjust communication based on audience.
- Ability to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and effective solution to resolve business problems.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with business partners to design and execute priorities and project goals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or two years of relevant data and analytics, and/or data management experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.