Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$42,600.00 - $70,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Responsible for general processing, accounting and reporting of cash receipts and disbursements relative to Northland Insurance billing and collection systems. This position is based full time in our Richmond, VA office.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Process check payments, new business deposits, credit card payments, and bank exception items using the General Inquiry System, Direct Bill System (DBS) and/or Producer Bill System (PABS). Balance daily cash receipts and process accounting entries via the ASSET System. Determine appropriate allocation of payments to specific account/business group/regional market as required. Research and resolve any rejected cash items.
- Process accounting vouchers (manual & system-generated) for interdepartmental accounting of funds and set up payment in ASSET System. Research and clear outstanding items.
- Via ASSET, process payment corrections requested by Accounting Services Representative (ASR) or Senior Cash Processor (i.e. stop payments, reallocations or refunds). Verify CAPTIS accounting entries for cash disbursements. Process returned items from banks remove funds from account and notify insured and/or agent of check transactions which have not been honored.
- Research and clear outstanding bank reconciliation items.
- Analyze daily assets confirm report to research and determine the outcome of outstanding items.
- Perform daily, weekly, and/or monthly cash balancing for billing and collection systems. Research and resolve discrepancies. Identify/evaluate/research out of balance or outstanding accounting items. Refer adjustments to ASR or Senior Cash Processor as appropriate. Ensure all accounting/cash management controls are maintained.
- Conduct monthly balancing of General Ledger Accounts, and resolve discrepancies.
- Generate production and cash management reports as needed.
- Maintain the appropriate level of customer service to internal and external customers (i.e. insureds, brokers/agents, Corporate Finance).
- Participate in special projects and assignments as business needs dictate.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree preferred.
- Some accounting, bookkeeping, banking, finance, or billing experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Good communications skills.
- Experience in the use of the personal computer and various software applications.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.