Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$97,000.00 - $160,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Responsible for the execution of industry leading sales strategies; initiating and developing highly effective sales relationships with customers, distribution resources, and fellow employees. Creates tactical sales plans that provide for the profitable growth of respective segments - consistently delivering on Select Accounts profit and revenue goals. Position requires state of the art sales skills, superior knowledge of Select Accounts products and services, broad-spectrum knowledge of corporate enterprise wide capabilities, and exceptional influence management skills. Delivers sales success within our framework of corporate values.
What Will You Do?
- Identify new customers that fit our profile.
- Understand specific industry characteristics of each segment including key needs and buying patterns.
- Develop annual Business Development Plans for assigned territory.
- Work with designated distribution resources to develop Agency Partnership Plans for Strategic Partner Agents.
- Active and leading involvement in point of sale presentations.
- Establish strong producer relationships through high visibility, clear knowledge of company strategy and joint sales planning.
- Help facilitate working relationships between distribution resources and underwriters.
- Work with and influence all members of the Select Accounts team to exceed customer expectations.
- Owns the business development process within assigned market area with heavy emphasis on developing a pipeline of profitable new business and renewal retention.
- Support long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve growth and profit objectives.
- Participate and / or lead related projects and assignments ( e.g. review and develop agency production strategy ).
- Help identify and develop technical training needs within office.
- Develops and conducts training for staff (i.e. navigation trough and use of Sales MI).
- Model and mentor staff in the execution of Select Business Process.
- Participates in Sales Performance Review Process (Self-Evaluation and/or physical on-sites to outside offices.).
- Assists Sales Director in coach and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrates ability to build partnerships with other business groups.
- Assists in the development of proposals for point-of-sale; participates in and coordinates the Sales team for point-of-sale .
- Maintain superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with local market trends.
- Demonstrates the ability to build partnerships with other business groups to identify and initiate multiple product solutions at the account level.
- Maintains an understanding of all Travelers products, services and solutions and initiates discussions with other businesses units as appropriate.
- Uses available automation tools to support the sales process and identify opportunities for additional products and services.
- Works collaboratively with other business units to remove roadblocks and administrative obstacles to ensure agents and brokers see Travelers as easy to do business with.
- Actively involved in the local business community.
- Pre-qualify accounts that meet underwriting & financial standards.
- Share information with and support the efforts of the Select Accounts team to manage distribution resources within an assigned territory.
- Active involvement in removing obstacles that interfere with effectively serving customer needs.
- Effectively articulate our Vision and work within our Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5 years marketing or insurance sales experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Agency Diagnostics: Ability to accurately assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and marketing insight.
- Advanced ability to Influence the Sale: Ability to convince current and prospective agents to represent and promote Travelers products and services.
- Advanced ability to Advise Agents.
- Advanced ability to deliver results: Ability to focus on the bottom line and push self and others to meet set goals.
- Advanced Relationship Management skills: Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Advanced Communication skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deliver professional presentations.
- Advanced ability to Adapt to change: Advanced ability to demonstrate resilience: Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done, assuming personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and works effectively with little direction. Dependable and responsible.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills and ability to exercise decisive judgment.
- Demonstrates Integrity.
- Advanced technical savvy: Knowledge and or ability to learn new systems, applications and programs quickly and then to be able to explain to others.
- Advanced skill of Driving for Results: Self-assured, responds confidently to objections, and does not give up easily.
- Intermediate ability to Coach and Develop Others: Ability to collaborate, provide constructive feedback and actively listen.
- Intermediate Strategic thinking: Ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Broad knowledge and perspective
- and is future oriented.
- Advanced Distribution focus.
- Advanced ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to organize self and others.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately.
- Definition of Intermediate Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates solid knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in the full range of typical situations with minimal or no guidance. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
- Definition of Advanced Skills/Competencies: Demonstrated advanced knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in new or complex situations.
- CIC or willingness to pursue.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4 years professional sales experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.