Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$80,700.00 - $133,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers' financial analysis team translates raw numbers into actionable insights to tell the story of past financial results and forecast possibilities into the future. The team acts as an independent party to collaborate with business partners and enable them to make informed decisions rooted in economic reality. As a Manager, Financial Analysis, you will prepare, evaluate, validate, and present financial reports to assigned business area(s), conduct analyses to identify trends and outliers, and begin to provide insights and solutions to management. Fostering key relationships, you will bring your understanding of business context to act as a liaison to translate financial results and clearly communicating the impact. You will connect with others and take action to achieve customer's needs. This position may manage finance professionals.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Prepare, evaluate, and validate financial and operational reports focusing on improving the process of completing these tasks and the effectiveness of the content delivered while ensuring accuracy.
- Perform and review analysis and interpret trends and variances in business performance, interacting with cross functional peers on a frequent basis.
- Perform testing and validation of data and analyses having a general understanding of data limitations and gaps.
- Synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations, and recommendations to direct manager, team members and/or cross functional peers with the ability to answer some questions.
- Begin to manage the creation of complex analyses to support business strategy.
- Review competitor press releases, SEC filings, and industry trade press for helpful insights, linking key themes together and identifying applicability to departmental strategies.
- Participate in projects that involve complex analysis and implementation of non-complex, routine business and financial regulatory changes relating to financial reporting, such as reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- Provide coaching, training, and mentoring.
- If a manager of people, effectively oversee and engage direct reports and perform management activities such as performance management, career development, and talent acquisition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or pursuing a Master's in Business Administration with a concentration in finance or accounting or professional designations such as CPA, CMA or comparable advanced professional education.
- Experience with Financial Analysis concepts, principles and processes and accounting practices and principles.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to consult on projects and present information effectively.
- Ability to influence team members and management.
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to interpret trends and provide insights and recommendations to business partners.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to think strategically and use judgement to resolve issues as they arise.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Financial Reporting Software (e.g. TM1, Essbase, Hyperion, etc.).
What is a Must Have?
- Three years of finance, financial planning, accounting, or related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.