Inside Sales Representative
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
- Sell auto, home and umbrella insurance countrywide by educating and advising customers through primarily inbound telephone calls
- Build enduring relationships and gain trust to advise customers on insurance needs
- Adapt your communication style and sales approach to meet the needs of each individual customer
- Cross-sell insurance coverage and inform customers about bundling discounts, including coverage offered through Amica Life Insurance Company
- Exceed individual and department objectives by participating in various contests designed to drive sales production
- Balance investigating and solving customer inquiries with prioritizing daily work
- Communicate professionally and successfully with customers through phone and email
- Collaborate with team members to further department objectives
Our annual starting salary is between $43,790 - $54,924 based on your level of experience and/or applicable licenses within the property and casualty industry. In addition, we offer a competitive monthly commission and quarterly bonus pay structure based on the number of policies written and cross-sale referrals.
Now offering a $2,500 Signing Bonus for new candidates! To qualify for the Signing Bonus, applicants must have started their position on or after 6/1/2021 or have accepted a position no later than 12/31/2022. The Signing Bonus will be structured in two, gross, equal lump sum payments. The first $1,250 bonus payment will be issued on the last pay date of the month following the employee’s successful completion of the orientation period (generally the 1st of the month following three complete months of employment). The second $1,250 bonus payment will be issued on the last pay date of the month following the employee’s six-month anniversary from the date of hire. Signing Bonus payments are subject to Federal, State, and Local taxes where applicable. Amica reserves the right to withhold Signing Bonus payments due to potential job performance and/or dependability concerns.
We have multiple 40 hour/week work schedules available between the core hours of 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM, the schedules available include: Work from home may be available up to two days a week once trained to work independently.
- Tuesday through Saturday
- Sunday through Thursday
- Monday through Friday and every other Saturday, with a day off mid-week
- Monday through Saturday, with Sundays and either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday off
After training, new employees start off on our 12:15 PM-9:00 PM shift on weekdays, with the potential work holidays and earn a shift differential.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Sales experience strongly preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems while maintaining professional telephone etiquette
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous insurance background is a plus, but not required
- After being hired, employees are required to obtain a state insurance license and meet continuing education requirements to maintain their license (comprehensive training will be provided).
Perks and Benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica is the longest-standing mutual insurer of automobiles in the U.S. A direct writer, we also offer home, life, marine and umbrella insurance, as well as annuities. Founded on the principles of outstanding service, Amica creates peace of mind and builds enduring relationships with its customers. That mission is shared and supported by thousands of employees across the country.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.