Claims Resolution Specialist II, Appraisal
As a Desk Auto Damage Appraiser, you will be responsible for completing quality appraisals of damaged vehicles to restore these vehicles to their pre-damage condition. You will be handling moderate complexity claims within assigned authority limits consistent with company policy and legal requirements. This role entails making total loss opinions, auto repair shop and independent adjuster appraisal re-inspections, supplemental appraisals, and rental management. As an Inside Auto Damage Appraiser, you will provide a best-in-class level service to our internal and external customers. This is a remote position with the ability to work from home. Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory.
- Utilizing multiple software systems and claims best practices, prepares itemized appraisals indicating costs of parts, materials and labor necessary to restore damaged vehicles to their pre-damage condition. Submits appraisals to claims personnel or issues payments to policyholders and/or claimants.
- Provides technical advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinions on whether specific damage is related to an accident.
- Completes auto repair facility and independent re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- May be assigned to a segmented team to focus on total losses, rental management, initial or supplemental estimates.
- Resolves disagreements and negotiates with auto repair facilities, Independent Adjusters, claimants and policyholders.
- Evaluates claims for potential fraud or subrogation.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty
- All other duties as assigned.
- An engaging, outgoing personality, a passion for helping customers, and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Extensive knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques, terminology and vehicle construction.
- Prior experience using auto estimating software, CCC Pathways, Audatex, Mitchell, etc.
- Requires strong negotiation, analytical, decision-making, organizational and computer skills, as well as the ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 1-3 years of directly related experience.
- Auto Damage Appraisal Licensing and certification are required.
- For car custodians, a valid driver's license is required
- Varying conditions may be encountered while inspecting vehicles.
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions and drive substantial distances.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to complete inspections of damaged vehicles which will include but not be limited to inspecting the underside of and around vehicles, inspecting vehicles in tight quarters at body shops and salvage yards, etc.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.