Technical Consultant - UPS, Risk Control
Provides highly complex consultative services to an assigned group of customers within a specialty segment or territory. Conducts on-site evaluations, evaluates data, and creates/implements service plans to control customer's source of risk, losses and costs. Provides risk assessment services and information to track progress and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual. Serves as a trainer/mentor to less experienced consultants in their specialty area at the discretion of their manager. Enhances the Company's leadership position in the safety field through speaking engagements at conferences and developing key relationships.
- Provides an array of expert consultative services to an assigned group of customers within a specialized technical area or territory.
- Conducts on-site evaluations, evaluates data, and creates/implements service plans to control customer's source of risk, loss and/or costs.
- At the Regional/Division level, provides expert technical support to other risk control employees by advising them about resources available, legislation and applicable regulations, technology, industry trends and effective methods to reduce risk, improve customer satisfaction and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual. Monitors and evaluates the technical quality of risk control services provided by less experienced consultants.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training to enhance their development and effectiveness.
- Collaborates with management in developing policies, procedures, service tools, technical resources, techniques and new products in order to support and enhance the delivery of risk control consulting services.
- Participates in actively acquiring and retaining profitable business. Identifies new business opportunities for LP services and may design and execute programs that improve results and increase the number and quality of services customers choose to buy.
- Enhances Liberty Mutual s leadership position in the safety field and increases brand awareness through speaking engagements at conferences and developing a network of contacts
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in a specialized field, service planning and delivery, risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and enter information using various proprietary software applications and create/modify documents and complex spreadsheets using Microsoft Office suite.
- The knowledge, skills and other capabilities required are typically acquired through a bachelor degree with coursework in math, engineering or related areas (or equivalent) and at least 8 years of directly related consulting experience in risk control or progressive safety/heath field.
- Candidates are typically working towards (or obtained) an advanced degree and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, or CPE.
- Position requires regular travel.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.