VP, Managing Director, In-House Agency - Global Retail Markets
Come lead Liberty Mutual's award-winning, in-house creative agency, Copper Giants! Currently, about 80% of all consumer-facing marketing is done in-house. We've created something special inside this Fortune 100 company: a best-in-class, non-traditional in-house creative agency. You'll have the benefit of working inside a brand combined with the expertise, experience, and outlook of a top-tier outside agency. We believe creativity is a business advantage and we're looking for a leader who has passion for building teams, running and scaling an efficient agency operation, and creating award-winning work that drives results. See some of our work: @CopperGiants on Instagram.
Summary of Role:
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer of Liberty Mutual, you will take this in-house agency to the next level. You will lead a growing team of marketing and advertising professionals with experience at the top agencies in the country who have worked on some of the best brands in the world. You will support a variety of marketing efforts for Liberty Mutual including TV, OLV, Radio, Social, Direct Mail, and Email. You will motivate and inspire the agency team and the broader Marketing department as a critical member of the leadership team. You will build the reputation of the Copper Giants agency and Liberty Mutual Marketing department and attract and retain the best talent in the industry. You will partner effectively with teams across Marketing, Research and Insights, Media, and Analytics to ensure work is effective at driving business results. You will ruthlessly prioritize to identify operational efficiencies, continuous improvement, increased productivity, FTE planning, and communication workflow management within the agency. You will continue to expand the Copper Giants external offering with project based work for non-Liberty clients.
- Assess the trajectory of the agency and ensure it is in line with the company's business objectives and goals.
- Work with marketing and agency leadership to plan and implement a short-, mid- and long-term strategy based on clear performance and growth goals.
- Responsible for the complete operation of the agency ensuring it operates efficiently and delivers strong business results.
- Oversee annual SOW, contractor and agency production budgets, marketing tech stack, staff and manage direct reports for each discipline within the agency including creative, operations, project management, production, and design.
- Instill thought leadership for the agency, department, and overall organization, including representing and acting as the face of the agency when dealing with industry and local community.
- Identify and roadmap future state of team through annual and quarterly planning with an eye to best-in-class operational opportunities.
- Ability to attract, develop and retain diverse top talent.
- 15+ years of experience in marketing, advertising, and agency management.
- Extensive agency experience at top tier advertising agencies required, preferably in account roles.
- Prior leadership experience with a proven track record of success. Emphasis on establishing strategic and operational goals & managing internal and external processes to deliver high quality marketing output.
- Executive presence and dynamic leadership, including strong presentation skills and comfort level presenting to partners and leadership team and collaborating effectively across the organization.
- Experience leading and scaling an internal creative agency will benefit the candidate, but not required for consideration (external agency experience is required).
- Proven experience in brand and consumer facing work across multiple verticals and brands, marketing infrastructures, and touch points including: strategic planning, business strategy, digital marketing, creative problem solving, content strategy, experience design, research & insights, user persona development, management of technical development, cross-partner integration, measurement & analytics, business operations and transformation.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively determine and interpret customer needs, employee development opportunities, and team and department growth.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, data and deadline-driven atmosphere with a posititive, encouraging, and collaborative management style.
- Demonstrates high level of emotional intelligence and ability to problem solve, plan ahead, and continuously improve year over year.
- Experience at public speaking engagements, keynotes, fireside chats, webinars, podcasts, or other channels will be strongly considered.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.