Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. Global Retail Markets U.S. Underwriting is looking for a Software Engineer to work on highly complex projects and solve technical problems, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
- Technical problem solver: Going far beyond simply developing quality source code, test scripts, components and system architectures, you'll document and build clear, concise, reusable code aimed at building and maintaining scalable, relevant software
- Customer-centric engineer: Putting clients' needs first, you'll translate customer requirements into technical applications and support the implementation of new software
- Forward thinker with a growth mindset: Merely fixing a problem isn't enough using your proactive customer mindset and initiative, you'll identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality, efficiency, reusability, while accelerating the adoption of new technologies and enhancing profitability
- Openness and flexibility to respond to fast-moving circumstances and changing priorities
- Team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills
- Thoroughly enjoys helping others learn and grow through pairing, and mentoring
- A minimum of five years of software engineering experience
- A background in business operations and strategies, with a focus on business IT
- A history of translating client requirements into technical designs
- Agile engineering capabilities and a design-thinking mindset
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a globally distributed development team
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A thorough grasp of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs
- Proficiency in software engineering languages and tools, including Java and RESTful services, spanning horizontal and vertical packages
- An understanding of how modifications affect different parts of a system and an ability to explain your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.