Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Exciting new opportunity for an Intermediate Actuarial Analyst to assist the Chief Actuary in the reserving area. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of actuarial experience, though reserving experience is not required. This role will assist primarily in ICW Group's expansion into commercial property and general liability lines of business, with the possibility of also working in Workers' Compensation or Assumed Reinsurance. Given the rapid growth of ICW Group's business appetite, it will be a remarkable time to be joining the reserving team!
Highly prefer candidates willing to work in our Rancho Bernardo (San Diego) office 2 times a week. Open to remote candidates willing to work PST hours.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Provides complex analyses and participates in process development.
- Provides technical/actuarial analyses in the areas of pricing, reserving, research, and systems integration.
- Identifies potential issues and recommends mitigation strategies.
- Participates in the development and documentation of actuarial processes.
- Broadens knowledge around business rules, industry structure and emerging events, analytic tools and methods, and alternate data sources.
- Responsible for at least one core/critical process within the department.
Manages and follows through with assigned projects.
- Assumes responsibility for concurrent projects assigned.
- Completes assigned projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and within scope.
- Provides regular status updates to project/task lead.
- Ensures key stakeholders are identified and regularly informed of project status
Collaborates within the Actuary team and with other departments.
- Works with individuals in other departments in fulfilling the actuarial role within larger projects.
- Establishes multiple, positive working relationships with others across the organization through various work assignments.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to maximize resources and contribute to the overall strategy.
This role does not have direct reports but may mentor and/or train junior team members.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience required.
- Minimum of 3 Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exams required.
- Experience in commercial lines pricing preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Thorough knowledge of traditional actuarial models of frequency and severity and ability to assess results.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts, statistical methods, modeling, simulation techniques, trend, indexing, cash flow, and financial analysis.
- Skillful in Microsoft Excel, thorough knowledge of SQL and VBA, basic programming skills in R or Python.
- Ability to grasp analytic concepts and learn new tools and logic within established processes.
- Adaptable to shifting workloads and building positive working relationship within the department.
- Ability to cross-train others and ability to manage and to prioritize concurrent assignments and responsibilities.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- A flexible work schedule, hybrid and remote opportunities
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.