Liability Claims Adjuster
About Canal Insurance
Canal Insurance Company was founded in 1939 and is located in Greenville, South Carolina. Canal specializes in insurance for commercial trucking and specialty transportation operations. While Canal does not write insurance in all states, the claims department handles claims in all 48 contiguous states and Canada. Canal’s customers are mainly federally regulated Motor Carriers and as such the core group of customers carry $1,000,000 in liability limits.
At Canal, we recognize that our success would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of our employees. We know that happiness and productivity go hand in hand, and to that end, we consciously cultivate a culture that enables us to recruit and retain the very best talent in the business.
A Culture With YOU in Mind
- Located in beautiful downtown Greenville, SC
- Career growth & advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee referral program
- Casual dress code
- Innovation-focused & customer-centric
- 80+ years of industry expertise
- Committed to giving back to our community
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment
Benefits at Canal
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance Plans
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) plan with company match up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Generous PTO Plan
Liability Claims Adjuster
Job Summary: The Liability Claims Adjuster position is responsible for the analysis and adjustment of minor to moderate commercial claims.
- Verify coverage as new losses are received.
- Adjust claims on an inside basis including investigating, evaluating, negotiating, documenting, and validating to conclusion within authority level.
- Work with attorneys assigned in the defense of insured and attend mediations and trials as a representative of the company as needed.
- Communicate with interested parties (i.e. insured, claimants, agents, attorneys, repair shops, lien holders) as appropriate.
- Monitor, with management consent, approved independent adjusters and attorneys in the field.
- Establish and maintain reserves and communicate with management, when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and three years’ experience required or five years of claims handling experience required. Adjuster’s license required. All internal candidates must have manager approval before submitting an application.
Experience/Specialized Skills: Minimum of three years adjuster experience and Bachelor’s degree required, or five years claims handling experience required. Familiarity with basic insurance and tort law, understanding of basic legal principles and terminology as it relates to insurance operations and knowledge of basic medical terminology and procedures required. Intermediate computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, Internet, e-mail) required.
Physical Requirements: Constant use of vision, hearing, and communication (oral and written in person and via telephone). Frequent concentration, standing, walking, handling, reaching, and grasping. Occasional bending, kneeling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.). Heavy use of computer and office equipment.
Travel/Hours of Service: Occasional travel may be required. Periodic work outside of standard business hours or on weekends may be required.
Apply for Liability Claims Adjuster
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly