Practice Leader, Investments - Executive Recruiter
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's (LMIG) global financial assets across public and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $90 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance, and operations professionals located in Boston, Massachusetts, we offer the best of both worlds the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
Together, we demonstrate our shared values, which include:
- Put People First,
- Make Things Better, and
- Act Responsibly
LMI has been on a transformational path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise, and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a one firm, one portfolio, one team mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management, and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment Business Units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation (SAA), Global Fixed Income (GFI), Global Partnerships & Innovation (GPI), Risk Management (RM) and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
Our Talent and Enterprise Services (T&ES) organization has an exciting opportunity for two experienced talented professionals! The Investments Practice Co-Leaders will drive recruitment strategies in partnership with key stakeholders in LMI and talent partners in T&ES. Collectively, you will work with aligned executives to provide consultative support to the business that will support the overall workforce plan, in conjunction with broader Talent Acquisition goals. More specifically, as the Investments Practice Co-Leader, you will:
- Focus on continuous improvement of the recruiting model to drive efficiency and outcomes with an eye towards the ongoing betterment of the candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Influence the recruitment strategy for campus and early talent professionals including influencing LMI branding and presence, and cultivating a successful, diverse class of summer and full-time investment professionals.
- Oversee the day-to-day full cycle recruiting for the business, working with our stakeholders, external partners and T&ES, Compensation and business partners.
- Partners with stakeholders to deliver a single view on demand and hiring activity within LMI.
- Research investment recruiting trends worldwide, and demonstrate a deep understanding of the competitive landscape for talent in the investment industry to determine appropriate recruiting and sourcing strategies and engage top diverse talent and expand pipelines for key roles.
- Develop and execute on talent attraction, acquisition, onboarding and retention strategies specific to LMI in partnership with stakeholders and with an eye towards business outcomes.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on Talent Acquisition strategies to create a simple and intuitive candidate/manager hiring experience.
- Ensure recruiting tools are effective, efficient, optimized and widely adopted for the industry supported.
- Implement and enhance best practices, experience and business acumen to source and attract talent pools , including search firm partnership and proactive market research.
- Leverage business acumen to create and implement strategies to attract the most diverse pool of candidates possible for open positions.
- Implement and utilize key metrics and analytical insights to evaluate talent acquisition effectiveness and enhance overall recruiting outcomes.
- May lead, partner and execute on cross-functional projects focused on process enhancements and strategic initiatives.
- Leverage industry knowledge and continuing learning opportunities to ensure that business and talent consultation reflects industry trends.
- Ensure the recruiting team provides service and candidate management across the assigned portfolio of requisitions in a timely, effective, and consistent manner.
- Provide coaching, development and guidance to talent acquisition team members as needed.
- Guide implementation and measurement of recruiting and sourcing strategy and tactics that emphasizes quality and diversity of slates, process efficiency, candidate experience and strong client management.
- Partner with internal and external organizations for the purpose of delivering programming designed to attract top tier candidates.
- Devise and deploy short and long-term plans to support strategic initiatives, ensuring adequate bench strength for organizational growth.
- Build a comprehensive partnership with our Diversity Equity and Inclusion and Global Leadership & Learning teams to understand succession gaps and support pipelining activities to provide seamless and complimentary programming to executive managers, and growth opportunities and development to top internal talent.
- Partner with Compensation to develop and communicate competitive executive compensation package to final candidates, taking into account the external market, internal equity, and skills and experiences brought to the role.
- Provide competitive intelligence output on key positions, including structure, organizational models and compensation practices.
- Establish criteria for selecting key search partner relationships to create a preferred provider list with subsequent management of search team/partners.
- Manage the relationships and expectations of our external partners with the legal demands, market requirements and business needs of the organization.
- Emphasize importance of providing internal and external candidates with a differentiated, fair, consistent, well-organized experience that has a high level of communication.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline preferred or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in investments full life cycle recruiting on a national, multi-location level required.
- Experience placing senior level investment and/or asset management professionals required.
- Deep knowledge of the investments talent market.
- An advanced level of knowledge in investment full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, successfully sourcing a diverse range of applicants, qualifying, interviewing, networking, assessing, salary negotiation, relationship management, and due diligence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to effectively partner with executive leaders, hiring managers, stakeholders, applicants and candidates.
- Highly proficient in the use of web-based applicant tracking systems.
- Skilled in talent reporting, talent analytics, and leveraging analyses to build talent strategies,
- Experience working in a complex environment using a coaching and influencing approach to accomplishing goals.
- Ability to manage multiple constituents and to effectively build consensus.
- Ability to apply, adapt, and integrate recruiting best practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.