Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
The Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to moderately complex claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with claimants, policyholders, appraisers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claim's management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers.
*This position may be filled as an Associate Claims Specialist, Claims Specialist I, Claims Specialist II, or Senior Claims Specialist I depending on candidate experience.The salary range posted reflects the range for the varying pay scale that encompasses each of the Liberty Mutual regions and the overall cost of living for that region.
Must reside within the state of CA, OR, ID, UT, or Ak.
This position includes a $2500 sign on bonus!
GRS North America Claims is excited to announce our go forward strategy to provide employees with the flexibility to include an option to work from home full-time. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and should be available as needed to travel based on business needs.
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate compensability/liability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim, refers claims to the subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in claims adjustment, general insurance or formal claims training.
- Required to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses.
- Continuing education courses leading to industry certifications preferred (e.g., AEI, IIA, CPCU).
- Knowledge of claims investigation techniques, medical terminology and legal aspects of claims.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.