A premier Insurance Agency with locations across the country and offices in West Texas is looking for a Staff Accountant. The Agency believes in serving our clients and communities by delivering excellence and exceeding expectations in all we do.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
This position is responsible for working with the VP of Finance on monthly accounting functions and performs accounting support tasks within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This person must work with a high standard of ethics, honesty, and integrity. Most importantly, this person must hold information in the highest confidentiality.Responsibilities
- Prepare periodic statements for A/R and A/P as needed
- Write checks and process EFT payments & receipts as needed
- Record deposits Reconcile bank statements
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Data entry of statements
- Prepare various schedules and reports
- Promote morale through a positive attitude
- Interact with colleagues and supervisors face to face and virtually
- Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Efficiently and effectively problem solve and strive for continuous improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Business degree in other disciplines considered with experience
- Minimum 3-5 plus years' experience in Accounting work
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Previous insurance accounting experience a plus
- Detail oriented
- Professional attitude and professional conduct
- Understanding and proper implementation of internal controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.