Senior Compensation Consultant/Project Manager
Compensation Works, a division of Alera Group, Inc. is growing! We currently have an opening for a Senior Compensation Consultant to work with our clients. This position has a flexible work schedule and the freedom to work remotely.
We are looking for creative people who love the value of a flexible work arrangement, exciting project work and care about making a difference in our clients' businesses. We are a team who feels strongly about entrepreneurship, innovation, and doing the right thing for our clients – oh, and we're also fun to work with!Responsibilities
- Provide strategic thought leadership and oversee engagements to ensure client satisfaction.
- Interact with Executives and other leaders within client organizations to demonstrate existing capabilities to address business challenges.
- Owns specific projects to ensure delivery against project objectives and provides support as a thought leader in methodologies relative to analysis, design, and implementation approaches and methods to be leveraged on projects undertaken.
- Participate in leveraging change management approaches and methods and support assessing organizational capacity and readiness for change.
- Deliver superior, consistent project management for multiple client projects. Provide direction and leadership to project teams through all project phases, including initiation, planning, delivery, and close. Client projects will vary in size, duration, and complexity.
- Provide direction for and, as needed, participate in the design, development, administration, and training related to client compensation programs that provide seamless delivery of solutions for our clients. Client compensation programs may include base pay, incentive plans, sales compensation plans, executive compensation plans, equity programs, performance management plans, career ladders, job families, job descriptions, competencies, salary surveys, FLSA compliance, and related programs.
- Contribute to the development of new tools and approaches. Develop robust tools that can be leveraged across CW projects, such as cost models, market analysis tools, presentations, and training.
- Continue to develop technical knowledge and skills in compensation and total rewards.
- Assist with new business development activities and extending and expanding engagements with existing clients, identifying business needs, validating key pain points, defining project needs, project timelines, and scope estimations to create SOWs, proposals, and RFP responses.
- Support growth of CW's compensation consulting practice by assisting with new business development activities, such as attending professional association meetings, presenting at conferences, conducting webinars, and writing articles/blog posts.
- Contribute to the overall improvement of CW's compensation services and solutions. Assist in identifying, researching, designing, and implementing new compensation solutions to meet client needs.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Human Resources, Finance, Economics, or related degree.
- Five or more years of human resources project management, project delivery, and client relationship management.
- Ten or more years of professional compensation experience, ideally in both external consultant and internal corporate roles.
- Comprehensive experience working with base pay programs, incentive plan design, and implementation.
- Understand, interpret, and solve business needs by leveraging best practices.
- Be familiar with the full range of human resources disciplines and emerging trends related to total rewards and change management.
- Creative, analytical, and results-driven orientation, demonstrated through the ability to draw conclusions, themes, and trends from data analysis and communicate results effectively.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Proven track record of problem-solving, understanding and anticipating customer needs to set expectations accordingly.
- Advanced Excel skills, including v-lookups, pivot tables, and development of charts and graphs to support analysis and recommendations.
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication ability and presentation skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively and impactfully to all levels of an organization.
- Practical knowledge of implications of government regulatory guidelines on compensation programs.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.