Commercial Account Manager- P&C
The position of Commercial Account Manager is to be the primary contact for an existing book of clients and provider of day-to-day client service. The Commercial Account Manager will maintain and manage an existing book of clients, assist in developing new client business and respond to the requests and needs of the clients, producers and management.
- Maintains and manages an existing book of client accounts.
- Reviews renewal policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations and non-renewals for accuracy in coordination with the Producer.
- Provides technical support to Producer; specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Schedules appointments with clients as requested by Producer.
- Occasionally accompanies Producer on prospect and client meetings as requested by Producer.
- Completes applications in coordination with Producer; submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determines if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Producer.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Producer.
- Processes and follows up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Producer.
- Experience in designing fund management liability insurance solutions for private equity and hedge fund managers is preferred.
Personal and Organizational Development
• Sets individual priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
• Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, coworkers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
• Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
• Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• College education with a minimum of 3 years insurance experience or a minimum of 7 years insurance experience.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
• Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
• Property & Casualty Agents License.
• Knowledge of insurance products and usage's.
• Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
• Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
• Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
• Familiarity with computer and word processing programs.
• Ability to process written and other materials visually.
• High pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
• This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.