Principal Cybersecurity Engineer
Opportunity to join our Global Cybersecurity Organization a team as a strategic business parter that builds and enables secure solutions in the GRS Market.
Under general direction, operating with light direction and supported by light coaching and mentorship, this role works with cutting edge security solutions that are located within Liberty Mutual physical data centers and cloud environments. Responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the overall security posture of the organization globally. Partners with teams to support security application development initiatives requiring innovation, automation and integration. across the company to continually optimize our security posture while maintaining a hyper focus on the reliability and stability of our business environments.
- Manages, develops, deploys, and supports security solutions globally to include regional data centers, Liberty Mutual local offices, and cloud environments.
- This role has advanced communication and collaboration skills enabling the resource to effectively communicate complex technical concepts with confidentiality and sensitivity to diverse audiences as appropriate.
- Acts as a leading member of an agile team focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
- Supports security application development initiatives requiring innovation, automation, and integration.
- Supports security incidents, service delivery, technology configuration and lifecycle, and technical security investigations and forensic collection.
- Serves as an leading team member supporting security projects or subprojects of increasing complexity.
- Articulates broader, business operations, key business decisions, and technology implications within a single business process.
- Identifies business process improvements that address highly complex functional and technology gaps within a single business process.
- Enable recommendations to address gaps within a single business process.
- Proactively identifies potential impact on business strategy.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- Generally, 8+ years of professional experience
- Industry cybersecurity and/or technology certifications are preferred
- Security+ or comparable certification/experience is required (must obtain within 6 months if not possessed): SANS Certifications, ideally GCIH, GCFE, GREM, GCFA; CSSLP
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional; GSSPJAVA/
- Secure Software Programmer Java; GWEB Certified web application defender; CASE Java/
- NET Certified Application Security Engineer Java; CASS Certified Application Security Specialist
- Proficient in many and expert in some cybersecurity technologies, IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols
- Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills
- Expert consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements
- Leader within agile working environments to include both SCRUM and KANBAN
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Advanced proficiency across architectural analysis, business analysis and financial disciplines, security and compliance, data integration and analytics, social networking, computational thinking, and mobile competency
- Expert proficiency in dimensional and lateral thinking, application delivery, system and technology integration, system software infrastructure, and workplace adaptability
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.