Distinctive Insurance, an Alera Group Company is seeking an Account Coordinator to join their Employee Benefits team.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
Distinctive was founded upon the belief that a Benefits Advisory firm should function as an arm of the company it represents. It is our responsibility and privilege to bring substance and value to the companies we work with. As the industry has evolved, we embraced technological advances without sacrificing personal attention and service. We are committed to delivering tailored benefit solutions with thoughtful strategic planning, valuable professional services, and technology-based solutions.Responsibilities
As an Account Coordinator, you will service Group Benefits Accounts under the direction of Account Managers in a team approach towards client service and retention. This position has the primary responsibility of fielding questions, issues, and complaints and following through to resolution. Processes all client requests and provides timely feedback on outcomes. Must exhibit confidence in products and programs and be able to effectively communicate accurate information both verbally and written.
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers to service a book of business.
- Provide information to clients, supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Must attend Open Enrollment client meetings to assist employees with benefits enrollment.
- Process eligibility requests, compile data onto an employee census, set up groups with Employee Navigator, and audit group carrier invoices.
- Put together small group proposals.
- Create compliance documents (i.e. wrap, POP, and annual notices)
- Update and maintain computerized client relationship management database (CRM) and files.
- Prepare for and occasionally attend client open enrollment meetings.
- Assist with general administrative support across functional areas.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of Employee Benefits or Human Resource-related experience, preferred.
- Must have insured vehicle and be legally eligible to drive to client meetings.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Health, Life, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD.
- Basic math computation skills and computer proficiency with CRM databases and MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.