Senior Software Engineer - Java/MDM
Sr Data Engineer Master Data Management Team
- Work with a team committed to excellence!
- Help bring Data & Analytics Engineering operations into the future!
- Model and promote a Data First attitude
- Work with a modern tech stack!
The Global Retail Markets organization is currently working to create new systems with modern architectures and transition business lines policies to those systems. As part of the Global Retail Markets organization you will be part of a team that will serve the US region and facilitate world class experiences for our customers and agents.
As part of our MDM team you will be modernizing and building out the systems that provide clean, standardized and mastered customer and agent data. We are well on our way to revolutionizing our customer's experience and need a strong developer to help us achieve our desired results.
In this role you will:
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to iteratively create solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Develop Master Data Management applications using Java, Spring, and Informatica MDM
- Analyze technical system problems, and design and implement effective solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Create applications using Informatica's MDM software
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Mentor new and junior developers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Generally, 3-5 years of professional experience in software or data engineering with 2+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with Master Data Management and Reltio's MDM product preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with API/Service development a plus
- Experience with WebLogic, Kafka, AWS/Cloud and Oracle desired.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts including extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.