Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$112,200.00 - $185,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Infrastructure and Cloud Services (ICS) is committed to the success of our customers through a relentless focus on operational excellence, ensuring reliable and highly available systems and services, fueling and enabling accelerated cloud adoption, and delivering advanced engineering solutions. As Director, Hardware and Software Asset Management you will seek solutions that maximize the cost efficiency of our technology assets. You will have the opportunity to help drive a major transformation within the company by leveraging your expertise in technology infrastructure, cloud, network, compute, and virtualization in combination with a deep understanding of software licensing, finance and the governance requirements to build, manage and optimize the use of our technology assets.
What Will You Do?
- Leverage extensive experience to provide thought leadership on best practices for IT Asset Management design and implementation.
- Advance capabilities to manage and maintain the accuracy of Hardware and Software assets throughout entire lifecycle.
- Partner with Engineering, Finance, and other areas to advise on and ensure the most effective and efficient use of assets.
- Work in concert with Business, Engineering, Architecture and Finance to drive savings related to improved Effective License Positions, re-harvesting opportunities and timely and complete product retirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of licensing metrics and contractual terms for technology agreements with mega vendors (such as Microsoft, IBM & Oracle), AWS, GCP, Azure and other relevant technology partners.
- Familiarity with End Point and Cloud Discovery tools such as Tanium, SCCM, ServiceNow with a keen understanding of how the accuracy of this data supports IT Asset Management.
- Mature the IT Asset Management strategy
- Develop and maintain KPIs/OKRs for IT Asset Management.
- Support and provides input into annual budgeting process.
- Advocate for the use of automation and tooling to improve data accuracy and reduce manual processes.
- Supports the enhancement of application Total Cost of Ownership efforts through the IT Asset Management strategy.
- Responsible for active governance to mitigate risk and ensure adherence to policies and controls.
- Provides human resources management, including coaching, performance management, team development and growth, and workforce planning.
- Interacts with vendors and resellers to resolve questions and concerns regarding license rights.
- Evaluate risks and solutions before making decision and/or recommendations.
- Effectively influences and openly communicates with customers, all levels of leadership and business partners.
- Apply a positive approach toward continuous improvement opportunities specifically around gaps in tooling, processes and automation.
- Identifies and manages implementation of improved work processes that improve productivity and/or reduce unit operating costs.
- Ensures compliance to all standard operating procedures.
- Provides financial/budgetary oversight for team and set of responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Certification(s): IAITAM, Asset Management, ServiceNow, ITIL & other technical certs.
- Experience with ServiceNow/HAM/SAM Pro tool.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and using asset management tools.
- Master knowledge of IT Asset Management principles and techniques, advanced knowledge in a broad spectrum of other infrastructure technology areas.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to document solutions and present ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
- High proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Decision making skills and a solid understanding of the impact of each decision on the business community, the department, and the corporation.
- Experience creating analytical and financial models for data-driven decisions.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to rapid business and organizational change.
- Ability to lead medium to large scale projects.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 7 or more years of experience in technology or a related discipline.
What is a Must Have?
- 5 years of work experience in the technology.
- 3 years people management.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.