SAP Solutions Engineer, Software
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
As a SAP Solutions Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether you're supervising architecture migrations or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners.
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Systems-level engineer: Working hand-in-hand with your business partners, you'll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures.
- Forward thinker: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of continuous improvement by finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability.
- Bachelor or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of SAP Configuration experience.
- Extensive knowledge implementing SAP and FI/CO modules.
- Experience doing hands-on configuration in G/L (FI), AP, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, etc.
- Experience with FPSL and/or PaPM a strong plus.
- Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills; specifically, with end-users, internal and external technical individuals, and leadership teams.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Experience providing production support including troubleshooting issues, requirements gathering and solution design for enhancement requests, as well as implementing the solution via configuration, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of general IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
- Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies, and objectives.
- Strong in multiple programming languages and tools, extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker, have extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.