Consultant, Product Economics, Efficient Growth
Develop lifetime value models and guide the Global Retail Markets (GRM) organization to efficient growth decisions. This role will work cross functionally to build lifetime value (LTV) capabilities and organizational processes and use them to drive decision making. Key focus areas include developing pricing/underwriting strategy that balances profitability and growth, estimating value of potential product investments/decisions, and evaluating acquisition tactics across the GRM organization to drive efficiency under common LTV metric. The initial focus will be on US Business Lines, with support of US Personal Lines and Global. The role will report directly to the Efficient Growth (EG) manager in Product Economics.
**This is a ranged posting. Level offered will be at manager discretion based on skills and experience.**
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build and maintain lifetime value models for Business Lines, working with other teams within Economics as well as Finance, Strategy, Product Design & Modeling and Actuarial to develop assumptions and validate results
- Collaborate with teams throughout Product and GRM to understand economics of acquisition levers; develop estimates of value to help prioritize investments, increase tactic efficiency and inform market strategy
- Apply analytical and data expertise to provide actionable insights on LTV metrics to assess health of business and to support Senior Leadership decision making and business growth targets.
- Develop, communicate and continually re-evaluate pricing strategies
- Actively share information and closely collaborate across Product, Marketing, Distribution, and Finance
- Advocate EG decision framework and principles to ensure relevant and consistent measures are evaluated across the organization.
Preferred experience includes:
- Python (will be used daily, a lot of work is done in Python) but will consider baseline knowledge of querying in SQL or SAS with willingness to learn Python
- Actuarial experience is preferred and will support progression through certifications/ongoing education in Actuarial track.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, statistics, or other quantitative field Minimum 4 year's relevant work experience, typically 6 years.
- Master's degree beneficial. Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., Python, SQL, SAS, Emblem).
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
- Experience managing projects preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.