REMOTE: Senior Field Adjuster (PA)
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
How you will make an impact
American National is seeking a full-time team member to manage field property claims locally (Personal lines primarily, with exposure and/or willingness to learn commercial and agriculture lines of business) with preferred residence in one of the following locations or interest in relocation: Pittsburgh, PA area(s).
To thrive in this role, you will need to have either a strong residential construction background or property and/or auto liability desk adjusting experience, be willing to travel within your assigned territory (Car included) have familiarity with Xactimate or alike estimating systems or have interest in learning and focus on providing outstanding customer service. We believe in the importance of referrals.
- Responsible for full life cycle, property claims handling that includes field inspections (Within coverage territory) unless independent adjuster assignment is deemed to be in the best interest of both the client and company
- Contact applicable parties, explain the claim process, review coverage, investigate, and identify special investigation unit (fraudulent) indicators
- Review facts of loss, details of coverage, and investigative needs to properly assess damages
- Order police/fire reports, document claims files with the results of review and intention
- Communicate, explain, and prepare estimates
- Negotiate with insureds, contractors, and vendors
- Assess salvage/subrogation potential and monitor to conclusion
- Complete risk evaluations for both underwriting and claims
- Maintain ongoing contact with claimants, agents, attorneys, and internal clients regarding the status of claims files
- Conclude claims in compliance with all state rules and regulations
- Assist with claims handling in catastrophe (CAT.) events which may include extended travel/overnight stays, (Company CAT. team will deploy first, field adjusters secondary-with notice)
- Maintain continuing education (CE) courses for required state licensing
- Property claims handling experience preferred (Relevant work experience may be considered) Example: Home Construction, Estimating positions
- Currently hold appropriate state adjuster license or obtain following date of hire
- (American National will incur fees associated / No out of pocket expenses)
- Ability to travel
- Physically capable to perform field assessments and evaluations (Climbing ladders/roofs and maneuvering within tight crawl space areas)
- Successfully pass a motor vehicle check and possess an active driver's license
Not required, but beneficial
- Five years property (Home, buildings, wind, fire, hail, theft, collapse) field claims/claims adjusting work experience
- Xactimate or alike estimating program knowledge
- Industry designations/certifications
- Ability to effectively manage assigned territory
- Ability to work independently, successfully
- An operative and organized multi-tasker, with the ability to focus when items require your attention for review, as you will be tasked with documenting your files, managing your day-to-day work schedule, and goals
- High attention to detail and thorough follow-up
- Passion to provide the highest quality of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable managing difficult conversations with ease and confidence
- Strong negotiation skills
- Aptitude to navigate various computer programs simultaneously (Using Microsoft Office applications and internal systems)
PLEASE NOTE: In review of candidate qualifications, education, and skills, another job level may be considered. (Field Claims Specialist)
Salary for this position can range from $55,231 for candidates who are minimally qualified through $80,815 for more highly qualified candidates. Candidates outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill and education.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.