Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$53,800.00 - $88,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under moderate supervision this position, in partnership with claim professionals and leadership is responsible for ensuring accurate financial controls and ensuring compliance with financial standards. Performs underlying financial controls, and assisting with validations or audits. Serves as subject matter expert to Claim Centers on operational services, processes and logistics/workflows. Reviews operational workflows, documents findings, and provides recommended solutions for improvement. Responsible for analyzing financial information and drawing conclusions to assist business with making decisions. Facilitate training and learning for team members. Mentor peers and assist with new hire selection through peer interviewing.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- FINANCIAL CONTROLS AND ASSESSMENTS: Performs underlying financial controls, and assisting with validations or audits. Performs and analyzes compliance reviews to validate the effectiveness of financial controls, identifies trends and communicates findings to business partners (finance, product, field leadership). Interprets and applies product workflow changes to financial reviews that they are completing. Participates in, presents and explains reviews and trending analyses (that they have completed) during various types of audits and reviews with business and potentially external auditors. Assesses the reasonableness of audited data as well as identifying discrepancies. Validates data against regulatory standards. Reviews controls against state regulatory requirements. Often requires researching state regulatory requirements.
- DATA AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Compiles accurate records from multiple sources and information management. Requires research to determine which sources to use. Uses management information data to create and analyze periodic ad hoc reports based on business needs. Updates data discrepancies identified in reports and systems. Completes budget analysis to identify trends in allocated and unallocated expenses. Reviews operational workflows, documents findings, and provides recommended solutions for improvement.
- CLAIM OPERATIONAL SERVICE AND PARTNERSHIPS: Serves as subject matter expert to Claim Centers on operational services, processes and logistics/workflows. May lead short-term and long-term projects related to Claim Center operations. Leads operational and workflow projects an Collaborates with peers locally and nationally to share knowledge on financial control processes and operational workflows.
- TEAM ENGAGEMENT: Serves as a peer coach and mentor to Operations Specialists and and provides feedback to management on developmental skill gaps and makes recommendations on training needs. Provides input on hiring of Operations Specialists and Analysts. Assists the Operations management team with the onboarding and orientation of new staff. May help with developing workflow resources and training materials/guides. Serves as a resource on new processes for Operations Specialists. May serve as a member of the Enterprise Response Team or Immediate Response Team programs and may hold applicable state adjuster licenses.
- CLAIM PAYMENTS AND EXPENSE PROCESSING: Ensures the proper handling of financial transactions (including claim payments, outside vendor invoices, attorney expenses, and medical processing fees. Processes and documents returned/voided checks and credits, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two years of business experience, with a customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with others.
- Experience gathering, interpreting and analyzing data.
- Experience utilizing computer technology such as Microsoft Office, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance and results;
- ANALYTICAL THINKING: Ability to analyze, synthesize and compare information to understand issues and explore alternative solutions.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT/RESILIENCE: Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- JUDGEMENT/DECISION MAKING: Ability to exercise sound judgment, makes decisions and commit to a position.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Ability to build, foster and maintain productive working relationships to meet goals and achieve results.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years of business experience, with a customer service focus.
- Experience performing data analysis.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.