Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$119,300.00 - $196,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?At Travelers, we create trusted strategic products and services to unlock the power of our data. We enhance and measure our ability to access, govern, manage, connect and integrate internal and external data assets and ensure our employees understand the value of data and the impacts to our business. As a Director, Data Management, you will lead strategies to promote effective data governance practices to ensure that data is consistent, trustworthy, and doesn't get misused. You will measure accuracy, completeness, consistency, and reliability of data to embody and promote Traveler's data culture values. Consulting with business partners, you will drive the adoption of data management, governance, and metadata policies, standards, and best practices in order to demonstrate the tangible value of strong data governance. You will provide leadership by setting priorities, assigning work and coaching team members in the support and adoption of data in an agile model.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Direct the process of managing the availability, usability, integrity security and privacy of the data.
- Collaborate with partners to influence, develop and implementation of innovative governance practices, roles, responsibilities.
- Accountable for procedures, processes and influence the development of remediation plans to assure data quality for business purposes
- Consult with team leadership to prioritize business data quality requirements, specifications, and rules.
- Guide the rollout and adoption metadata repository, data catalog, reference data management, and data lineage capabilities.
- Work with business customers to ensure appropriate naming definitions and standards are being followed.
- Act as an escalation point for customer requests (internal or external) of advanced complexity which may include changes to production systems, determine impact on existing systems, processes and develops appropriate specifications, enhancements and or procedures to comply.
- Oversee or lead root cause analysis and resolution of business data issues, including proposal and implementation of specification or procedural changes to address issue, working with impacted areas
- Leverage knowledge of data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules to ensure that solutions meet operational and business needs
- Create processes and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance
- Articulate guiding principles and frameworks that align with the strategic vision
- Lead the creation, maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data
- Effectively manage resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives and/or problem resolution.
- May coach team members on performing complex data profiling and analysis and communicate results in support of data quality processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Excellent ability to use ETL / Data Integration tools, one or more Data platforms, and Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following Tools and languages - SQL, Teradata, Python, Hive, MicroStrategy, Ab Initio, Messaging, NoSQL.
- Ability to understand metadata management, including metadata management, lineage, and cataloging.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to break a problem down into manageable pieces, evaluate potential risks/alternatives, and implement effective, timely solutions.
- Able to develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult on business priorities, and optimize value through solution identification aligned with business objectives, goals, and future data direction.
- Experience leading and managing complex projects.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage change, develop employees, and align resources to accomplish key objectives.
- Advanced understanding of emerging trends and new technologies in knowledge management.
- Strong understanding of overall physical and logical data model and of data relationships, mapping, lineage and business rules.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or five years of relevant data and analytics, and/or data management experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.