Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$88,900.00 - $146,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?As an Auto Telematics Product Director, you will lead the design and delivery of new and enhanced telematics and emerging auto products and services across the country. You will analyze competitor offerings, marketplace dynamics, and countrywide product line performance to develop product strategies that tie to business goals and objectives. You will partner across the enterprise to ensure adherence to business goals throughout the product development and implementation lifecycle. This position may or may not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Manage the business delivery of new and enhanced products and services, actively partnering with R&D, underwriting, actuarial, platform, project management, IT, operations, customer experience and other teams across the organization.
- Lead a cross-functional project team and make sound business decisions made regarding scope, product marketing and positioning, and core capabilities based on analysis and interpretation of competitor data/offerings and market trends.
- Analyze, evaluate, and develop conclusions for Personal Lines telematics and emerging auto products and offerings countrywide and across all distribution channels.
- Explore vendor capabilities in support of project work, ensuring contracting and pricing negotiations enable most optimal business outcome. Lead and manage telematics vendor interactions.
- Provide input into the marketing, training and communication strategy, and creation of materials, best practices and procedures, in support of assigned initiatives.
- Oversee changes to systems, ensuring optimal workflow and user experience, thorough test case preparation and execution, and appropriate prioritization and resolution of defects
- Present enhanced product recommendations, analysis, and strategic overviews to senior management on a routine basis
- Develop, implement, analyze, and monitor product strategies and product development initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Four years of product development experience preferably in the financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of Personal Insurance products and systems.
- General knowledge of rating, pricing and actuarial techniques.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to extract and analyze competitive data.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with internal and external partners, and to build strong connections across the organization.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and follow through to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to drive creative solutions to market while influencing multiple stakeholders under tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and implement best practices into the organization.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.