Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$92,800.00 - $153,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Our customers are the key to our success! Customers with better experiences, over time, result in higher retention and customer lifetime value. We are building new analytic capabilities that both improve customer experiences, deepen our relationships and reduces costs to serve our customers.
Come join our Customer Data Strategy and Insights team as we build data strategies and enable analytics to better understand, manage, and power our customer insights and interaction channels. This role will help set the strategy for Customer profile and lifetime value insights. Partnering across PI Customer Experience, Data and Analytics, and the CODIE circle, you will analyze customer attributes to draw insights to understand more about our customers and their needs.
Must be able to direct analytics teams, understand business objectives, and tell a story with data.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Uses analytics to explain business results, monitor business strategies and identify actionable opportunities
- Uses data visualization and storytelling skills to effectively communicate insights and help influence decision/outcomes.
- Leverages industry best practices, market data and technology trends to identify business opportunities.
- Effectively works with cross functional teams on varying business initiatives
- Influences business strategy and helps to prioritize investments based on translating insights to business value
- Collaborates with IT and data management teams to ensure correct data is persisted for business critical analysis
- Builds strategic business partnerships with IT, Actuarial, Operations, Finance, Data Management and Claim functional areas.
- Can manipulate raw data and understands the ultimate design required to meet business requests.
- Directs the development of analysis.
- Interprets data to recognize patterns and analyze trends.
- (Sets up? Manages? Performs?) Completes reasonability and validation tests.
- Designs and executes Proofs of Concept to inform business strategies.
- Monitors performance indicators and identifies possible improvements.
- Assess the financial impact of recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, MIS or equivalent experience preferred.
- Typically has a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Descriptive Analytics or related field.
- 4+ years working successfully with Microsoft office products and software/programming applications specific to business supported.
- Working knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL preferred.
- General knowledge of Descriptive Analytic practices and processes. General knowledge of insurance products/concepts required.
- Previous experience leading others preferred.
- General knowledge of the main features of the collection of data and the relationship of data elements to each other.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies of businesses supported.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Intermediate business acumen.
- Intermediate Computer Skills in Excel, database programming language and related applications.???
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept feedback.
- Builds and maintains credibility with others.
- If incumbent leads others, intermediate leadership skills including ability to:
- Leverage Differences.
- Manage in participative manner.
- Intermediate ability to develop employees preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and 3 years analytics experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.