Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Amazing opportunity to provide technical and administrative management for General Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Treasury personnel. This position exists to manage and review operations of the Accounting teams to ensure that productivity and costs are aligned with Company standards.
We will consider Remote candidates that live outside the area
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Develops functional accounting policies, procedures, and processes.
- Formulates organizational policies that will have a far reaching impact on the organization.
- Develops, implements, and follows up on methods to increase productivity and decrease expenses.
- Provides analyses of reports and manages reports specific to the department.
- Identifies, researches, resolves, and follows up on problems and opportunities generated by the reconciliation of accounts including any inefficiency of department policies and procedures.
Participates in new system projects and the implementation of new systems.
- Identifies system problems, recommends solutions, and follows through until the problem is resolved.
- Evaluates and implements new accounting guidance and policies and procedures to maintain workflow standards.
- Interfaces with department managers, vendors, and IT project managers.
Oversees several units within the Accounting department.
- Prepares accounting entries & reports in accordance with statutory guidelines and deadlines.
- Analyzes, communicates and interprets financial results.
Directly supervises 2 or more employees within the Accounting team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans;; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university: Accounting, Finance or related degree, preferred.
Minimum 5 -7 years of related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 5 years of related experience leading, managing, coaching or mentoring a team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must be able to manage multiple accounting operations areas simultaneously.
Broad, in-depth understanding of Accounting principles, concepts, operations, and practices of the business unit.
Highly developed written oral and presentation skills, and ability to effectively interact with management, employees, regulators, and external auditors.
Demonstrated leadership competencies and ability to plan, coordinate and supervise employees, and all aspects of the accounting systems.
Advanced skills in Microsoft suite applications.
General knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting principles.-JM1
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- A flexible work schedule, hybrid and remote opportunities
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.